Staff Geologist/Engineer/Scientist (Environmental)
The Reynolds Group seeks a self-motivated Staff Geologist/Civil/Environmental Engineer with at least 3-5 years experience to join our team of Site Assessment and Remediation specialists. The position is located in Tustin, CA. The ideal candidate is a technically knowledgeable self-starter and team player with strong interpersonal and writing skills. In addition, the qualified candidate will be a high-energy achievement oriented individual with a “can-do” spirit who can work on multiple projects across numerous “virtual” teams. The candidate can interpret soil, vapor and groundwater technical and analytical data so as to clearly and concisely present conclusions and recommendations. Good writing skills are essential.
THE REYNOLDS GROUP:
The Reynolds Group (TRG) is a Tustin, California based company that performs consulting and contracting related mostly to assessing and remediating soil and groundwater contamination on real property. TRG also manages environmental compliance matters. Founded in 1989, The Reynolds Group is a small environmental engineering and construction contracting firm that employs approximately 25 in Southern California and has a casual work environment. At any one time TRG may have more than 50 projects underway which requires each of us to work on multiple virtual teams. The Reynolds Group provides flexible work hours, a high variety of work, and the potential for remote work. The Reynolds Group tends to promote from within.
Rate of pay will be commensurate with proven experience and demonstrated abilities.
This Staff Person will work with TRG’s Project Managers and senior management to organize and perform assessments and remediation of real property. Specifically, the work includes:
- Planning and conducting contaminated property site assessments/remediation, hydrogeology, and environmental risk management studies and services.
- Directing and performing field studies, data gathering and sampling activities at sites including soil, soil vapor and groundwater sampling, groundwater flow and hydrogeological data evaluation, chemical data interpretation, contaminant fate and transport evaluation, well installation, aquifer testing, groundwater monitoring, groundwater and soil remediation evaluation, environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance services, and permit acquisition.
- Preparing, writing and reviewing technical assessment, remediation, and status reports
- Performing quality control reviews of data and reports.
IDEAL CANDIDATE’S QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- At least 3-5 years of demonstrated consulting experience in California
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university in earth science (geology or hydrogeology) or civil/environmental engineering
- An intent and a plan to become a Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer in California
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare reports
- Experience preparing and/or assisting in preparing and writing and writing technical reports like groundwater monitoring and environmental assessment reports.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent personal organizational and time management skills.
- Interpersonal skills that enable him/her to work independently and as a team player
- Operational knowledge of computer databases and office programs: MS Excel, MS Word, LogPlot, AutoCAD, and Surfer
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- An interest in field work outside of the office
- The physical ability to perform field work including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- A vehicle and clean driving record are required (mileage is reimbursed).
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to: [email protected]
(Please do not call)